It’s definitely summer. It’s sunny, it’s hot, and the pool is calling your name. What better way to cool off than with a nice refreshing drink?
Sangria is a drink common in Spain and Portugal and traditionally consists of red wine, chopped fruit, sweetener, and a splash of brandy.
But sangria has proven to be a wildly customizable cocktail. You can make it with red wine, white wine, a wide variety of fruits, and even add a splash of something to give it a little more oomph if you like! And thanks to that fantastic mix of flavors, there’s no need to use pricey wine for it to be impressive.
- 1 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (or Rosé)
- 1 cup Watermelon Juice
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 liter Carbonated Water
- 1 seedless cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 Lime (thinly sliced)
- 1-2 cups Watermelon Balls
- 12 Fresh Mint Leaves
Place fruit and cucumber slices into a large pitcher.
In a small bowl, stir together honey and lime juice and add to pitcher.
Add wine, stirring gently.
Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
To serve, stir in carbonated water and pour into chilled glasses.
Latest posts by Kaylynne Hatch (see all)
- On-site Team Collaboration & Communication Tools for Event Professionals - October 2, 2019
- Podcasts for #Eventprofs - December 18, 2018
- How to Use Video to Increase Your Event’s Value - October 11, 2018