We all know that content is king but what does that mean? What kind of content will allow you to rule your empire and what kind of content works for your event or conference audience? It is actually not as difficult as you might think and this great presentation by Michael Brenner, VP of Marketing and Content Strategy at SAP takes you through the 8 steps that any event marketer can follow.
Here is what Michael says about this presentation:
My talk is on some ideas for how to develop a content strategy for your social efforts. I have always seen the value in great content developed with the customer in mind. But social media needs great content, and great content needs social media, so you can’t be successful with just one.
The 8 Steps look something like this:
- Listen first
- Stop creating crap
- Engage your audience
- Find your voice
- Be helpful
- Find your Rhythm: (the 4-1-1 rule of social sharing)
- Reject excuses for not using any social channels
- Be entertaining, if you can
Have a look and you are sure to gain some new knowledge and insight.
Hat tip to Danny Brown for posting this to his site on Sunday.
Latest posts by Kaylynne Hatch (see all)
- On-site Team Collaboration & Communication Tools for Event Professionals - October 2, 2019
- Podcasts for #Eventprofs - December 18, 2018
- How to Use Video to Increase Your Event’s Value - October 11, 2018