With the technical advances our generation has seen, it comes to no surprise that machines have integrated into our lives in profoundly advantageous ways.
The popularity of robot usage is growing by the increasing number of success stories from their use in the hospitality industry. Hotels like the Aloft Cupertino hotel in Cupertino, California have shown exceptional benefits in their guest experience since adding robots to the workplace.
Their robot helper, officially named Botlr, helps the hotel by making deliveries to hotel guests. This is getting some exceptional feedback too, as all guests seem to be enthralled by the surreal experience of this technological advancement.
“We are passionate about delivering easy-to-use yet sophisticated robots that can help people. We aim to improve the lives of people by developing and deploying robotic technology in human environments – the places people live and work.”
These types of robots have remarkable capabilities that can be fully programmed according to facility preparation, navigation, operation and security needs. With sensors and communication monitors, the robots are easy to use and interact with.
With this sort of artificial intelligence, Japan has since opened up the worlds first robot staffed hotel.
“The hotel’s owner, Hideo Sawada, says he wants to make this “the most efficient hotel in the world” by reducing manpower and having 90% of staff be robotic.”
Given the support these robots have given the hospital industries, it’s a great idea to start to explore where else we could benefit from them.
What are the benefits of using robots in events?
In addition to meeting the goals and objectives of the event, hosts and attendees both want to get the most out of their event experience. This could place a lot of pressure on those running the event and if the pressure becomes too much, the event could likely suffer as a result.
Laborious, repetitive, and calculative tasks, such as transporting set up equipment, checking in guests, and assisting with technical operations, could easily be taken care of by robots.
Not only are robots highly capable of performing these tasks, they’re essentially flawless with their execution. Meaning, you can rest a little easier knowing that you have certain jobs handled by an awesomely accurate worker.
Here are just a few ways robots can improve event success:
- Less stress on event staff — with manual labor and transporting responsibilities handed off to robots, your staff can focus on tasks that need more of a human touch, such as interacting with guests and guiding the event experience.
- Increases productivity — robots help streamline the process by assisting in areas that allow your more skilled professionals to free themselves to work on bigger tasks, such as building the event and exceeding attendee expectations.
- Enhances guest experience — not only will the sight of robots be a fun detail to see, but your guests will feel the benefits of an event that was managed by a team that truly had all their best assets in the best places.
Robots have shown how they can improve other industries, so it’s only a matter of time before they migrate into event production.
Latest posts by Kaylynne Hatch (see all)
- On-site Team Collaboration & Communication Tools for Event Professionals - October 2, 2019
- Podcasts for #Eventprofs - December 18, 2018
- How to Use Video to Increase Your Event’s Value - October 11, 2018