So it is Friday, almost time to kick back and chill. The weather in Chicago is hot and humid. We have had more rain in the past month than in all of last year.
I am thinking TROPICS!
Today, we are featuring something that many meeting and event pros order for our attendees but rarely for ourselves because face it, after a long day of meeting and event execution, you usually want something fast – a glass of wine or a bottle of beer (or just whiskey, straight). Not today though.
Today we are hopping on an imaginary plane and heading to the land of banana boats and coconuts for our Friday night vacation.
Don’t feel bad. This is work. We should try everything that an attendee might have to eat or drink, so technically, this is research. You might need to run to the local liquor store for some of these ingredients, but trust me, it will be well worth it because you will soon be on your way to paradise even if you live in Topeka, Kansas.
Be warned. This drink packs a punch as powerful as a tropical storm so think before you act!
The Meeting Pool Rum Runner
What you will need:
- Bottle of light rum
- Bottle of blackberry brandy (cheap is fine)
- Bottle of banana liqueur (even cheaperer)
- Bottle of grenadine syrup (get a little bottle)
- Lots of Orange juice (No pulp)
- Lots of pineapple juice (In the can)
- Bottle of dark rum (We like Meyer’s)
- 1 Orange, sliced
Combine the following:
- 1 1/2 oz light rum
- 1 oz blackberry brandy
- 1 oz banana liqueur
- 1/2 oz grenadine syrup
- 1 1/2 oz orange juice
- 1 1/2 oz pineapple juice
- Pour over ice (in a glass of course)
- 1 oz dark rum (Called a floater)
- An orange slice
There you have it… now get to it…. work will still be there on Monday.
The Meeting Pool
Latest posts by The Meeting Pool (see all)
- PRESS RELEASE: Europalco presents at IMEX its solutions for events and shows - June 1, 2022
- PRESS RELEASE: EUROPALCO launches a new format of hybrid events and turns distance into an advantage - May 19, 2022
- PRESS RELEASE: EUROPALCO Turns 25 and Consolidates Portugal as a Privileged Destination - March 25, 2022