David Adler, the CEO and founder of BizBash Media announced that his company has acquired ImBookin.com. We had the chance to interview David Adler regarding this acquisition.
We are constantly trying to make it easier to help plan events. ImBookin will be focusing on a segment of the market that will help the casual planner make things happen quickly.
2. Why ImBookin in particular vs. the other venue booking tools out there?
Most event venue booking engines don’t really work because larger venues are reluctant to release dates and want to maximize their revenue opportunities using older methods. We are going to limit our venues to only those who can seamlessly serve events of less than 50 people and are fairly standard in terms of food, beverage, and decor packages. This “hassle free” planning is for both the planner and the venue. I am not aware of any other booking engines that have quite this approach and have the event planning DNA connected to its brand. We also plan to interview our venue customers carefully and not let them play if they don’t have the mission of a seamless fast experience for planners.
3. What are the top 3 capabilities of ImBookin that sealed the deal?
I was part of the original ImBookin planning when it was Pogby, and was familiar with their data structure and innovative approach to making choices simple. We felt that with the BizBash marketing clout to nearly 150,000 unique users monthly along with great SEO and PPC campaigns, we can drive lots of traffic.
4. What do you plan on doing with the platform and how are you planning on integrating it with BizBash as we all know it?
I learned a while back that when making an acquisition, to sit back and see what they do right first and then make changes. We view this move as a way to have a real time laboratory to understand the habits and buying behaviors of what we call the “hidden planners”, the people that are charged with creating event, meetings, and conferences with no background and not as part of their regular job. That is actually the largest segment of the event organizing community when you calculate the numbers.
We want to give consumers the same power that a professional planner has by developing the BizBash ImBookin.com franchise.
6. What are the future trends that you see happening in the industry when it comes to venue booking and spend management/tracking?
As new event organizers come on board, they want to use the programs that they are used to like an Air BnB or other approaches. The issue is that the industry is not as progressive as the young up-and-coming planners in solving their needs of efficient planning with flexibility and uniqueness. We want to be the place that both progressive planners and progressive venues meet to make this possible.
7. Anything else you would like to share with our readers?
We are in an era of innovation, and the power of face-to-face interaction will only get stronger. In fact, face-to-face interactions build trust that make online experiences even more powerful.
Read the press release here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bizbash-media-acquires-imbookins-venue-booking-engine-222389841.html
The Meeting Pool
Latest posts by The Meeting Pool (see all)
- PRESS RELEASE: EUROPALCO Turns 25 and Consolidates Portugal as a Privileged Destination - March 25, 2022
- 5 Lessons for Planners From the SXSW In-Person Experience - March 25, 2022
- Providing Attendees with Transcripts for Online Events - March 25, 2022